As Japan ASCD begins its 23rd year as an affiliate of ASCD (Association of Supervision and Curriculum Development) we are reminded our mission to serve a diverse educational community enriching teaching, learning and cross cultural communication.
It is profound how strong these words ring true for our work today. Over the years we have hosted over 100 top-tier presenters from around the world, organized over 35 events that on average were attended by over 200 DoDEA and International School educators annually. We reach a wide audience throughout Japan with a network of on-site representatives to whom we are forever grateful for the job they do to help us get the word out. Our Board of Directors is primarily made up of classroom teachers who volunteer their time on weekends and evenings to plan and organize the annual spring conference, special events, timely technology presentations and our unique Try-It-On-Monday events that have been recognized by ASCD as a model for collaboration.
Through your Japan ASCD affiliate membership you have the opportunity to meet and network with other educators, hone your leadership skills by acting as a site-representative for your school, work on the Board of Directors, and of course, participate in professional development opportunities here in our host nation.
As we look to our future it is our intent as an affiliate to continue to serve our diverse educational community enriching teaching, learning and cross cultural communication for our constituent community. We look forward to you joining us at our 23rd Annual Spring Conference on March 6th and 7th and invite you to visit our website at www.jascd.org to hear about future presentations.
What We Achieve
- Support development of local teaching community through challenging and consistent professional development workshops
- Host internationally-acclaimed authors and experts in the field of teaching, learning, and leadership for over 20 years
- Represent Japan teaching community at the annual ASCD conference
- Provide professional development opportunities for the local Japanese educators to access international trends through workshops and presentations in Japanese
- Foster a strong network amongst international educators in the Kanto area and throughout Japan